Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Direction the Class Needs

I think the class is going in a good direction as of now. I like that the primary manner in which the class operates is a discussion format. Mr. McCarthy or the literature which we read poses an idea and we all can have different beliefs about it. As a result, ideas bounce around in our head. When someone shares his/her ideas with the class, the whole class is enriched because everyone is better able to understand the idea from a different perspective. I think this creates a better learning environment.

I like that the class is not very rigid and is very open. The class is very enjoyable because not only do we learn but we laugh too. The discussions are open to most if not all ideas. The only thing that might be considered a flaw is that some of our discusssions drift way too far from the current topic. We do get on tangents and I have no problem with that. It's just that sometimes there's no relevence to class. This class has made me think harder about certain things that I have not thought about before. Overall, I like the current direction of the class, although it could be more focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment