Sunday, March 27, 2011

X is known

One thing that fascinates me about Malcolm X is how he was able to put 100 percent faith in something by outward, exclamatory expression in television broadcasts, campaigns, rallies and then renounce it later. I do give him credit for having the courage to give all his energy into one cause and more credit for acknowledging that his previous beliefs were twisted. After he had ferociously attacked those he had once called "integration-mad negroes" for being puppets of the white man and after he had preached complete isolation from the white man, he himself came to the belief that integration was possible and could be beneficial. Malcolm X is a hypocrite; however, it takes courage to admit one's hypocrisy, so therefore I give credit to Malcolm X for staying true to what he felt was true, even if it was contrary to most of what he had said. But this flip-flopping does lead me to question whether Malcolm X had all the right facts before he went in his tirade against the white man. The obvious answer is no, he didn't. Malcolm X was so passionate to a cause from which he would eventually stray. I always fear about being passionate about something because I am afraid that I will never have the all facts and that I would look like a fool once I found out that I was wrong about something in which I had put so much effort and faith. It would be hard for me to believe blindly like Malcolm X did, but by doing so, he was able to go through a process of examining race relations and finally did get to a better understanding of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment