Sunday, January 16, 2011

I’m a Shoe

Yes, I am a shoe, which means I was probably made in China. I am probably the product of a multinational corporation, going to be sold for much more than the cost of my production. It is truly a wonder how globalization has affected all things in our daily lives, including shoes. I could be a shoe that is made with genuine leather, which means I was made from parts of a cow. This cow probably came from an industrial factory farm owned by a large food corporation housing many cows. Or maybe I am a shoe that has survived some sort of horrible disaster that has wiped out much of humankind and now am the subject of apocalyptic literature.

To be honest I do not know what this blog is supposed to be about...

I can be something that is fashionable or purely utilitarian, just simply covering my user's feet. My soles are there to console, to lessen the impact of the ground. My user's feet smell horrible after one day's worth of work with me on. I get tattered up, but my owner is still loyal to me. I do not get chucked into the trash like my cousins after two years. Having holes and split seams, my owner still loves me, using me when he goes out for a run. Otherwise, I am kept in his cozy closet. But I feel something. I feel like I am slowly biodegrading into the hardwood floor. Soon I will be only a memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment