Sunday, January 23, 2011

Good Food Review

I went to an Italian restaurant on the corner of Lake and Ogden called La Luce ("Light" in Italian). It was a nice, small place. The walls were lined with memorabilia; it kind of felt like I was in a museum. There was a poster advertising the "Great War", mugshots of Al Capone, what seemed like an old-fashioned piano, and othr miscellaneous items. I was kept nice and warm because there was an old-fashioned furncein the middle of the restaurant.

I order the Homemade Ravioli. I asked the waiter what sauce I should get along with the Ravioli. He tells me that the marinara is good, so I order it. The waiter was a nice fellow. While I was waiting for the Ravioli, he went and talked to the other waiters in Italian. For some reason this made me feel more homely. Language often defines culture, and this made the whole restaurant experience feel more authentic.

The Ravioli was covered with plenty of marinara. The marinara was very flavorful, having the perfect zesty taste to complement the subtle taste of the Ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese. There were about seven large Ravioli. By the end of the meal, I was rather satisfied, especially with the french bread served earlier.

The meal was quite pricey; it was $16.95. I usually don't have meals this expensive, but it actually was one of the least expensive on the menu. Overall, it was a good meal. If you are willing to spend the money, La Luce is a pretty good place to eat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment