Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Know This Means Something

I would like to say that family means something to me. It is what I was raised from and what nourishes me today. When I have failed or fallen, family has been their to support me. My family has sincerely looked after my well-being. Family has been a big part of my life, and that is why I think it means something to me. But then again, when I say something means something to me, I mean that it will always be a part of me, of who I am. In that context, family may not be something that means something to me because I "couldn't not" see a possible future where family is not a part if who I am. I'm not saying if it is probable, but only that it is possible. But whatever the future holds, family will have formed how I will be, and that can never be taken away from who I am. So then it does mean something to me in that way. It just has always seemed that my family is the only one gives a damn about me, so I am glad for that. When I was first thinking about something that meant something to me, I thought about basketball because it has been my favorite activity and has been a way for me to escape from the real world and just play and be competitive. But when I thought about it, I concluded that it couldn't mean something to me because I felt I "couldn't not" see myself giving it up, and I felt that if something meant something to you, you couldn't give it up. And plus in the future I won't be as nimble as I am now and probably can't play basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment